Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Quick Tip Articles
Quick Tips™ are nuggets of knowledge that provide immediate and practical advice to business analysts.
IIBA is offering the opportunity for you to share and publish your tips, experience, and knowledge of business analysis. Quick Tips are brief summaries of actions intended to provide immediate, practical advice to business analysis practitioners.
- A short, frequently informal, exchange of information between business analyst professionals
- Quick Tip articles contribute to the knowledge base that supports both A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) and the global community of practice.
- Not previously published
- These may require revisions after review by the IIBA Editorial Committee
- Develop one-page Quick Tip™ for practical business analysis best practices about 250 words
- Review and respond to comments and responses made by the IIBA Editorial Committee
- Time Commitment Required: Varies
REQUIRED SKILLS & EDUCATION
- Excellent writing skills
- Expert level of understanding of the subject matter
- Experience as a Business Analyst
- Able to meet timelines
- Able to accept constructive criticism
- Must have access to email, the internet, and Microsoft Office Suite
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER
- Published work shared with the Business Analysis community
- CDU’s granted for articles published
PEER REVIEW PROCESS FOR QUICK TIPS (provided by the IIBA Editorial Committee)
- "Express Interest" to apply
- Agree to the Publication Terms and Conditions
- Develop one-page Quick Tip article
- Upload your Quick Tip article
IIBA Editorial Committee
- Review the Quick Tip to determine if they will proceed to publish within a 3 week response time period
- Advise the volunteer via email of decision to publish/not publish
- Provide "Confluence" access to the volunteer.
- If Quick Tip is accepted, log into Confluence and upload your article within a 3 week response time period
- Check back for status reviews
IIBA Editorial Committee
- IIBA Editorial Committee will review and provide feedback through confluence
- Peer reviewer must provide feedback on the article within 2 weeks after it has been uploaded by the volunteer
CONFLUENCE STATUSES EXPLAINED
- New Submission - your submitted article is in the queue for review by the IIBA Editorial Committee
- Under Review - IIBA Editorial Committee is reviewing your article
- Deferred - IIBA Editorial Committee has chosen not to publish your article at this time
- Approved - your article is approved for publication
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: