Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Global Chapter Council (GCC) Regional Director
|Volunteer Reports to: (Business Lead)||Judy Alter|
|Senior Leadership (Staff)||Jared Gorai|
|IDENTIFY THE NEED|
|The Regional Director - Southeast Region is a volunteer position and is the Champion of the Regional IIBA Chapter community. This position is the liaison between Chapters and IIBA® International for Chapters in the region. The Regional Director is to lead the community of Chapter Leaders from within and be the communication conduit between IIBA and the Chapter Leadership within the region. The Regional Director represents the voice of IIBA when speaking to Chapters and the voice of Chapters when speaking to IIBA.|
WORK INVOLVEDRegional Director Key Performance Indicators
- Work with all their US Chapters to help them incorporate.
- Work with all their chapters to be sure their Board of Director (BOD) information is current in their Portal. Make sure the chapters update their information when a change happens.
- Must be an active IIBA Global Member.
- Regional directors should not be a current member of an IIBA Chapter Board of Directors.
- Regional directors ideally should be a former member of an IIBA Chapter Board of Directors.
- Work with all their chapters to verify all BOD members are active IIBA Global members.
- Monthly review of Chapter Health Report for their region.
- Identify at risk chapters and work with IIBA Chapter team to assist.
- Work with the IIBA Chapter team when a new chapter is forming.
- Work with the IIBA Chapter team when a chapter is being revitalized.
- Work with any of their chapters that ask for problem assistance.
- Conduct Monthly Regional calls. Start and conclude on time.
- Provide a WebEx recording or tool that is used and written meeting minutes in a timely manner. Recording- 2 days & Minutes – 1 week. The time frames are suggested guidelines, the point is to have a regular cadence.
- Email a request for agenda items 10 days before call. Email an agenda a few days before the call. The time frames are suggested guidelines, the point is to have a regular cadence.
- Contact chapters that miss regional calls. Determine reasons and chapter health.
- Coach/Mentor Deputy Director to succeed as regional director. Need to ensure that whoever is brought on as Deputy is willing to take on the Regional Director Role.
- Liaison between Chapters and IIBA. Educate the Chapter Leaders on the available resources from IIBA.
- Regional Directors should be encouraged to get out in the chapter community to meet the chapter leaders and members. Attend conferences and chapter events. This is limited by cost, distance and time.
- Must attend monthly GCC call or provide a written or recorded regional update before the meeting.
- Must have meeting with board rep of each chapter at least quarterly. This can be used to determine detailed chapter health (accomplishments/needs).
- Must provide Chapter Newsletter article representing their Region on quarterly basis (we need to provide min/max length and schedule).
- Communicate effectively, clearly, and timely.
- Other duties as assigned by Chapter Team or GCC Chair.
- Monthly meeting via phone or WebEx with Director Chapters, Chapter Operations Manager, & GCC Chair. Applies to Volunteer Regional Directors only.
- Submit monthly report on the chapters in your region by the 25th of each month to Director Chapter.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EDUCATION
• IIBA membership in good standing
• 2 – 5 years’ experience in a leadership position with a local IIBA Chapter
• Excellent networking and relationship building skills
• Ability to engage and motivate a diverse set of stakeholders
• Strong and effective leadership skills
• Strong ambassador and supporter of IIBA
• Solid understanding of the Business Analysis profession
• Expertise in online communities and community management
• Access to the internet, email and Microsoft compatible software
BENEFITS OF THE POSITION TO IIBA
As a volunteer, you will:
• Provide strong leadership for the Chapter Community
• Keep IIBA informed of local issues, concerns and desires
• Add your unique value
• Increase diversity and provide extended opportunities within your local communities that only you can bring to the table
• Assist BA Practitioners in growing their skillset
• Provide incremental value to local organization
• Contribute to the growth and value of the Business Analysis profession
This volunteer position is for a two-year term.
Opportunity Leader: Judy Alter
After expressing interest, you will be contacted to discuss next steps.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: