Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Global Chapter Council (GCC) Deputy Regional Director
IIBA Volunteer Opportunity Title: Deputy Regional Director – America’s Central Volunteer Reports to: (Business Lead) Regional Director – America’s Central
Senior Leadership (Staff) Jared Gorai
Contact email: email@example.com
IDENTIFY THE NEED
The Deputy Regional Director is a volunteer position and is a Champion of the regional IIBA® Chapter community. The Deputy Regional Director will collaborate with and support the Regional Director and the Chapters within the region. The Deputy Regional Director is to lead the community of Chapter Leaders from within and be the communication conduit between IIBA and the Chapter Leadership within the region, at the direction of the Regional Director. The Deputy Regional Director represents the voice of IIBA when speaking to Chapters and the voice of Chapters when speaking to IIBA.
Deputy Regional Director Key Performance Indicators
- Desire to succeed Regional Director after a two-year term as Deputy Regional Director.
- Must be an active IIBA Global Member.
- Regional directors should not be a current member of an IIBA Chapter Board of Directors.
- Regional directors ideally should be a former member of an IIBA Chapter Board of Directors.
- Communicate effectively, clearly, and timely.
- Collaborate and assist the Regional Director in regional responsibilities.
- Attend, scribe and publish minutes of the Regional Forum calls among the Chapter Leaders within the region and encourage the sharing of best practices.
- At the direction of the Regional Director, plan and organize other regional events.
- Work to increase participation of Chapters in the Regional Forum calls and other regional events.
- Monthly review of Chapter Health Report for their region.
- Must attend monthly GCC call.
- Work with all their chapters to be sure their Board of Director (BOD) information is current in their Portal. Make sure the chapters update their information when a change happens.
- Work with the IIBA Chapter team when a new chapter is forming.
- Work with the IIBA Chapter team when a chapter is being revitalized.
- Work with the Regional Director to help any of their chapters that ask for problem assistance.
- Educate Chapter Leaders on the available resources from IIBA.
- Attend mentoring and coaching sessions for succession to the Regional Director position if they desire.
- Deputy Regional Directors should be encouraged to get out in the chapter community to meet the chapter leaders and members. Attend conferences and chapter events. This is limited by cost, distance and time.
- Other duties as assigned by Chapter Team or GCC Chair.
- IIBA membership in good standing
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a leadership position with a local IIBA Chapter
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to engage and motivate a diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong and effective leadership skills
- Strong ambassador and supporter of IIBA
- Solid understanding of the Business Analysis profession
- Expertise in online communities and community management
- Access to the internet, email and Microsoft compatible software
BENEFITS OF THE POSITION TO IIBA
As a volunteer, you will:
- Provide strong leadership for the Chapter Community
- Keep IIBA informed of local issues, concerns and desires
- Add your unique value
- Increase diversity and provide extended opportunities within your local communities that only you can bring to the table
- Assist BA Practitioners in growing their skillset
- Provide incremental value to local organization
- Contribute to the growth and value of the Business Analysis profession
Express Interest: This volunteer position is for a two-year term.
Opportunity Leader: Judy Alter
After expressing interest, you will be contacted to discuss next steps.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: